- Course Objectives:
- This course is specially designed to provide technical knowledge and skills to cope with the requirement of Electrician’s occupation of Electrical sector. The course will be implemented to ensure at least 84% of total contact hours on practical/hands on skills training or practice and 16% trade/occupations related theory including OHS and soft modules;
- The course is designed to enable trainees to acquire a range of technical and vocational, practical, personal and organizational skills valued and utilized both within and beyond the workplace;
- The course is designed to meet the required competencies of the occupations needed in the labor market in and outside the country;
- Course Outline
|Name of the Course||Duration of Course||Entry Qualification|
1. Age minimum = 18 years
2. Education= As per PKSF direction.
Requirement of Competencies for the Targeted Occupations in the job market.
- Assemble; install electrical wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Able to install solar electrical system & identify the problem and solve.